Permits & Licenses Required
What's a Building Permit?
A building permit gives you legal permission to start construction of a building project in accordance with approved drawings and specifications.
Why do you need a Permit?
Your home or business is an investment. If your construction project does not comply with the codes adopted by our community, the value of your investment could be reduced. Property insurers may not cover work done without permits and inspections.
When do you need a Permit?
New buildings, additions, and major renovations all require a building permit before you get started. Any electrical, plumbing work also requires a building permit. See a more complete list below.
- Roofing of any existing structure $15.00
- New or replacing siding $15.00
- Swimming pools (inground $30.00 & above ground $15.00)
- Accessory structures, including sheds over 150 square feet $15.00
- All structural alterations
- Demolition $20.00
- Change to electrical system, including electric service upgrade (over $500.00, labor and materials)
- Plumbing work $5.00 Per Fixtures, $10.00 water or sewer service , $15.00 work permit. ( Commercial Projects Valuation cost is added)
- Asbestos Abatement ($0.003 per Valuation)
- Development in Flood hazard Areas $50.00
- Fences $15.00
- Signage subject to the requirements of the City's sign ordinance $15.00
- Garage (attached &unattached) (Construction based on Valuation)
- Carport (attached & unattached) $15.00
- Porches & Decks (covered & uncovered) $15.00
- Residential Electrical Solar Panel Hook up $60.00
- Commercial Electrical & Building of a Solar Panel System (Commercial Electrical based on Valuation)
State and/or Municipal Licenses Required for:
- Asbestos Abatement