Commercial Sign Permit
Guidelines for Event Signs
1. Event signs must be placed on private property.
2. Event signs must NOT be on Public Right of Way or City or State Property.
3. City sponsored event signs placed on the square are only allowed for functions or events in the downtown/square area. A total or two temporary banners maximum will be allowed. Signage shall not be placed in flower/landscape beds.
4. You must have permission from property owner before placing event signs.
5. Only ONE event signs per lot.
6. Events signs must be picked up directly after the event.
Illegally placed signs will be removed by the City of Jacksonville.
Any questions regarding sign requirements and placing of signs should be directed to Community Development Department at 200 West Douglas Jacksonville ,IL or by calling our office at 217-479-4620