9-1-1 CALL if you can TEXT if you can't
34 million people are deaf or have speech impairment across the United States. West Central Joint Dispatch felt that access to 9-1-1 could be enhanced by providing access to 9-1-1 via text messages. As of November 2015, within Morgan County you can text 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency. Placing a voice call is the preferred method to communicate with the public safety dispatch center. In the case that you cannot speak, or it is not safe to do so, then you can text the dispatch center.
For more information visit here.
- Does text 9-1-1 operate using Wi-Fi?
- Can the dispatch center get my location when texting 9-1-1?
- Does the text only work in Morgan County?
- If the phone does not have service can you still text 9-1-1?
- Will my text always go through?
- Can you send pictures or videos?
- What number do I text?