Firefighter EMT/ Paramedic
Application deadline: Friday October 23rd, 2020 at 3:00 p.m.
Beginning Monday September 28th applications may be picked up from the Jacksonville Fire Dept. located at 200 W. Douglas Ave. Jacksonville, IL 62650 or downloaded from this site under the applications tab. Information on CPAT testing and scheduling can be found under the employment tab as well.
- Attach copy of birth certificate
- High school diploma or GED
- CPAT with Ladder climb
- EMT -B and or EMT P license
- Drivers license
- Basic Fire Training Certificate
- College transcripts and diploma
All applications must be returned by Friday October 23rd, 2020 by 3:00 p.m.
- Applications may be dropped off or mailed to:
- Jacksonville Fire Department, 200 W. Douglas Ave., Jacksonville, IL 62650
- Or Emailed to:
- Must have a current IL EMT-B license or a state EMT- B license eligible for reciprocity in Illinois.
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent certificate issued by the county superintendent of schools or a diploma based on a GED certificate.
- Have no felony convictions or convictions for crimes of moral turpitude.
- Applicants with eyesight restrictions must comply with the National Fire Protection Association Standard 1582. Far visual acuity shall be at least 20/30 binocular corrected with contact lens or spectacles. Far visual acuity uncorrected shall be at least 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles. Successful long-term soft contact lens wearers (that is, six months without a problem) are not subject to the uncorrected standard.
- Valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) card including confirmation of the successful completion of the Ladder Climb Test must be submitted no later than December 1, 2020 to qualify for an oral interview.
- Valid driver's license
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of testing, and must not have attained age 35 at time of testing.
- After the Candidate is offered a position on the department they must complete a one year probationary period earning certifications in
- OSFM Basic Operation Firefighter
- Hazmat Operations
- Vehicle Machinery Operations
- Must obtain a valid IDPH Paramedics license with in 24 months of hire.
Due to COVID - 19 pandemic, the exam will be offered electronically and you will take the exam in your own home. All testing will be offered during business hours within the 2nd week of November - it is your responsibility to ensure you have the flexibility to test during these times. In late October you will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule and prepare for the exam. Please read through the instructions carefully before your exam date.
- Failure to follow the steps outlined may cause the electronic exam to not work properly, potentially resulting in your removal from the testing session.
- On site - Do not have access to equipment or issues with the in home testing option.
- 200 W. Douglas Ave, Jacksonville, IL 62650
- Testing to be conducted in a computer lab
- Applicant must schedule a test time with the department
- To be attended electronically, applicants will receive an email with instructions and schedule. Attendance is mandatory prior to exam.